Gadsden Public Library is a monument to the initiative, creativity, and vision of those who dreamed of an evolving, comprehensive library to serve all citizens. Eight foreseeing directors have diligently continued this original mission. Since 1906, Gadsden Public Library has housed a variety of displays and sponsored countless programs featuring authors, speakers, reading initiatives, book clubs, and story times. With dedicated library staff members, supportive community leaders, and enthusiastic citizens, Gadsden Public Library has an established tradition of encouraging lifelong learning. From the installation of a telephone in 1913, to wireless access in 2006, Gadsden Public Library has changed to meet the technological needs of its staff and community. What will never change is the library's importance to the city and the joy of reading that is central to its mission. Through a collection of photographs, this book provides a nostalgic look at 100 years of developing library service and the people who shaped it.